Maybe I should be a wedding photographer?
If this thought has crossed your mind more than a few times now, it’s probably because:
- You’re the friend everyone asks to take a few extra snaps at weddings and events
- You’re confident with your camera and enjoy the challenge of candid photography
- You’re wondering if you can make some money from your photography passion
Or maybe you’re already testing the waters and are getting frustrated with gear choices, how to manage your clients and how much to charge?
So how do you become one?
- Invest in an expensive course or workshop
- Spend a lot of money on the wrong gear
- Spend a lot of time working for free as an intern or assistant
Or, just ask someone who is willing to share her journey and experiences of becoming a professional wedding photographer!
This book’s author and regular dPS writer Lily Sawyer, shares her perspective of life as a professional photographer, and how through photographing more than 500 weddings, events and portraits combined, she can help you find your happy place as you set off on a similar journey to becoming a wedding photographer.
What you can expect from this eBook:
It is not an over-promising “exhaustive guide” to wedding photography, with “formulas for success” or calls for “relentless hustle”. Instead, it’s a realistic perspective of life as a professional photographer, littered throughout with practical gems of advice on every element of the journey. Not just on shooting the weddings themselves, but from setting yourself up right through to managing an ongoing source of income for your business. You can expect:
- advice to help you find confidence in yourself as a photographer at every step along the way
- a friendly mentor at your shoulder with practical and sensible words of advice
- an insight into the intricacies of a wedding event – the emotions, moving parts, and timing challenges you’ll face as a photographer
- solutions to common issues that pop up when you’re planning or on the shoot
You’ll also get those all important tips on how to deal with stressful scenarios such as:
- working with other suppliers on the day
- managing guests, family and friends
- dealing with other things that may crop up unexpectedly on the wedding day.
One of the best risk-free starting points for becoming a wedding photographer
Lily has graciously shared her best advice on becoming a wedding photographer so you can benefit from the mistakes she has made and the pearls of wisdom she has picked up that will help you make the bride and groom’s day.
If you want to get a feel for what wedding photography may have in store for you, then this eBook is one of the best risk-free starting points, backed by our 60-day money back guarantee.
It’s like having Lily as a personal mentor as she gives you an almost ‘over the shoulder’ view of life as a wedding photographer to give you all the tips you would normally have to glean from being ‘on the job’.
You can download copy of this beautifully presented, engaging and practical eBook for just $19 USD.
Here’s a look at the table of contents and a peek inside:
Table of contents
The Woman behind the eBook (and the Viewfinder) Lily Sawyer
Lily taught for six years in higher education prior to becoming a professional photographer 9 years ago. In that time she’s had three children and has photographed more than 500 weddings, events and portraits combined. Newlyweds describe Lily as a bride’s best friend and photographer-ninja rolled into one. Her organised approach ensures their day goes smoothly as she creatively captures their wedding with them barely noticing. Her teaching in this book is very similar, as you follow her approach, you’ll realise how much you pick up from her years of experience as she casually imparts her knowledge without fuss.
What people are saying…
Even when she is specific about her workflow, the principles are general ones that can be applied / tailored to your requirements. Every experience is a lesson which you can relate to if you have ever shot a wedding – complete with how to deal with common issues or prevent them altogether. She is a master of her craft who is very knowledgeable about her industry. I especially loved how the chapters flow into each other, starting with the basics of creating a business plan to actual shooting on the day, bonus technical details, equipment, pricing and marketing – all well thought out and cohesive. I would recommend this eBook to anyone looking to solidify themselves as a professional wedding photographer.-Nisha Ramroop
- Is this just for digital camera owners? Does is apply to smartphones? – To get the most out of this eBook we do recommend you own a dSLR or mirrorless camera. You’ll still learn a lot about what it takes to be a wedding photographer, but it is intended that you’ll be using a digital camera rather than a phone.
- What post processing software does this eBook teach? – this eBook introduces photographers to a straight forward workflow in Adobe Bridge, but the focus is on the workflow which can be replicated in your software of choice.
- Can I read it on my iPad? – yes. This eBook is a PDF and can be read on your computer or any other PDF reading device. To read it on your iPad simply download it to your computer and then upload it to iBooks (or any other PDF reading app).
- Is there a hard cover version? – Unfortunately not – we only do eBooks at this point in time.
- Got Questions or Needing Help? – If you have any problems with the purchase or download simply contact our friendly support staff. Please include the name of the eBook you are asking for support on as well as your PayPal email address if you have made a purchase.
Download Your Copy Today
Wedding Photography: a Guide to Equipment, Shooting, Editing and More is ready for you to download right now for just $19 USDUSD.
To secure your copy, simply click the button below.
You’ll be taken to a page where you can make your payment via PayPal or Credit card and get immediate access for download.
- Instant Download
60 day money-back
Pay by Paypal
or Credit Card